All china repairs and china restoration services provided by Marron Cheshire (also referred to as ‘I’ ‘me’ 'us' and 'we') to the Customer (also referred to as ‘You’) are subject to the following terms and conditions. You may have been referred to me by Global Ceramics, if this is the case their terms and my terms will apply to you. These terms apply to all services and orders placed with Marron Cheshire. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply in the future.
All customers accept these Terms and Conditions at the time of submission of any type of ceramic repairs, china repairs and associated pottery repair work to Marron Cheshire.
I, Marron Cheshire will carry out repairs and restoration work as agreed, either written or verbally, to the best of my abilities at all times. I cannot guarantee invisible mends. I will endeavour to carry out the work with reasonable care and skill. However, I accept no responsibility for and am not liable in any circumstances to the Customer for any loss, damage or destruction of the item/s, however caused.
Timescales for completion are estimates only, and should be used as a guideline only. However, if you have a particular deadline please advise in advance and I will endeavour to meet your deadline whenever possible
Quotes are provided to the Customer prior to work being carried out. Acceptance by the Customer of these quotations is required before any work can commence. Please note that due to the complex nature of the work involved additional problems may be discovered once repair work has started. Therefore the Customer will be notified of any additional work that is required, and of any additional charges that will be applicable. Acceptance by the Customer of any additional charges is required before commencement of the repairs by Marron Cheshire.
Quotations are valid for 30 (thirty) days from the date we send You the quotation by email, letter or verbally.
Payment in full is required before collection of the item/s unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- If payment is not received after 30 (thirty) days from the date on my invoice there will be an additional charge to You for storage and admin fees of £2 per day for up to 60 (sixty) days from the date on my invoice – please also refer to point 7). Payment for storage and admin fees is required before the item/s can be collected by You.
- If your item/s is/are not collected after 60 (sixty) days whether you have paid for the repair or not You agree that you no longer wish to own or keep your item/s and I reserve the right to dispose of your item/s as I see fit. I reserve the right to sell the relevant item/s to recover any costs. After deducting the cost of sale, the outstanding sum (including storage and admin costs) I will pay the remaining balance to the Customer. It is the responsibility of the Customer to provide me with up to date contact details at all times. In cases where the Customer has not been contactable for more than 60 (sixty) days, I reserve the right to make arrangements to dispose of the item/s at my discretion, without further notice.
- Insurance during delivery and onsite.
The Customer is responsible for ensuring the item/s are packaged safely and securely when delivering to my premises. We cannot take responsibility for further breakages during transit either before or after restoration. We would therefore recommend the Customer insures their item/s while they are in transit (to and from my premises) and whilst they are retained at our premises as any further restorative work will be charged for.
- The Customer is responsible for all carriage / postal / packing fees incurred to get the items to and from my premises. It is the Customers responsibility to deliver and collect the item to and from my premises, unless the items is being posted back to You. In cases where I deliver back to you your item/s I will endeavour to package the items as securely as possible to avoid damage. However it is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure the item is insured at all times to cover accidental damage, breakages or loss in transit.
- You must ensure the packaging (the box/boxes) of the item/s is/are big enough to hold the restored item/s at its full size. i.e. please do not send your broken items in a small box if the fully restored item/s will not fit back into it for its return journey to you.
- All items remain the sole responsibility of the Customer at all times. Items sent to and from You or left at my premises are not insured by me at any time under any circumstances.
- Once items have been collected/returned I cannot accept responsibility for the repairs, so the Customer must report any problems immediately at the time of collection/inspection or within 24 hours in the case of items returned by post.
- Delivery and Collection.
It is the Customers responsibility to deliver and collect the item to and from my premises, and if posted it is the Customers responsibility to ensure its packed securely.
- Items sent through carriers or post will be returned in the packaging they arrived in and items should be packed in a manner safe enough for their return once restored. If the packing is inadequate for the items safe return, I may use additional packing which may be charged for.
- I am not responsible for any faults or adjustments required if not reported within 24 hours of receipt of the item and I cannot be held responsible for any damage caused whilst in the post/carrier possession.
- Care after Restoration.
The Customer is advised to follow any verbal or written guidelines I may issue for the care and treatment of an item after it has been repaired. If these guidelines are not followed then the appearance of the item may deteriorate. Any restored item is not meant for use with food or beverage. The adhesives and pigments used may be toxic and could contaminate food or beverages. Therefore any restoration is recommended for display purposes only. DO NOT immerse in hot water, use for serving food from the oven, put into a dishwasher or display in excessive heat or in strong sunlight. We can take no responsibility for any mishaps arising from the above circumstances or when it is back in your property.
- Your restored ceramics can be cleaned using a soft cloth which has been rinsed in warm soapy water. Please take care when cleaning.
Your privacy is very important to me, therefore I will never pass on your contact details to any third party, without your express consent. I use your contact details while working with you and keep your details historically for accountancy purposes only. If you wish any of your contact details be deleted from my records, please request this in writing to Marron Cheshire, firstname.lastname@example.org